Posted On: September 27, 2007 by Steven D. Eversole

Where Do I File A Personal Injury Claim In Alabama?

When seeking damages in Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Mobile, Hoover, Trussville, Mountain Brook, Vestavia Hills, Homewood, Fultondale, Gardendale, Hueytown, Bessemer, Pelham, Moody, Leeds, Madison, Florence, Gadsden, or in Jefferson County, Shelby County, St. Clair County, Walker County or anyplace throughout the state of Alabama, you must file your claim with a certain court.

When you file a claim seeking damages against individuals the following rules apply:

1) for the recovery of land, claims must be filed in the county where the land is located.
2) for contract disputes, claims must be filed in the county where a defendant resides.
3) all other claims must be filed where the injury occurred or where a defendant resides.

Tags: Civil Procedure